Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Chocolate Paradise

Jasmine Goodwin
Reporting from Havana

HAVANA, Cuba - During a tour of the numerous plazas and shops located in central Havana, we had the opportunity to make a stop at the Museo Del Chocolate. It was by far one of my favorite, delicious food moments during my Cuban adventures. 

The Museo Del Chocolate specializes in chocolate - and only chocolate. I visited the shop three times during my time in Havana, and each time there was a chance to view the chocolate being made into various shapes, sizes, or even flavors being added for unique candy and other treats. 

My favorite menu item was a simple drink called "cold chocolate." It tasted similar to a melted chocolate milkshake, and it also came with a friendly price tag: just one CUC per glass. To learn more about the Museo Del Chocolate, view the video below:


Why it changed the way I eat:

Experiencing cold chocolate has set a high bar for any future consumption of chocolate milk or milkshake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment